Jeg kan godt lide andres historier. Særligt hvis jeg ikke har nogen idé om, hvem de er, hvad de laver og så fremdeles. Jeg har gentagne gange set dagens person i natteliv. Ofte lidt for sig selv. Men altid med et kamera. Jeg blev en gang skudt af hende, og jeg spurgte om noget. På dansk. Hun svarede på engelsk. Det gør hun også i dag, hvor du kan blive klogere på Alesya Gulevich, der skyder fotos, studerer på KEA og kommer fra Hviderusland.
Alesya – først og fremmest: Hvordan er du havnet i København?
– I have moved to Denmark about 5 years ago, because my mother got married. I had two options: to move to Copenhagen or to move to Moscow, so I figured that giving a shot to DK would not hurt. And by now it has been a pleasure living here.
Og hvad laver du her?
– I am a student at KEA and apart from that I am a freelance photographer.
Du fotograferer et og andet – blandt andet glade mennesker i nattelivet, men hvad er opskriften på et ikke-corny foto fra netop natten?
– I do not really have a always working “recepie” for a non-corny photo. I def try not to take photos of people over posing, you know, like group lets-hug-each-other-and-smile photos. I feel like everything goes wrong after you take such photo if you want the night to look sharp and exiting.So basicallyI just walk around and snap the photos of what catches my eye, and of course depends on the theme of the night.
Hvad er så det mest frustrerende ved at fotografere i nattelivet?
– Something that constantly bothers me is when people come up to me in a club and ask me “Do you know how to use your camera?! Are you shooting on auto?? Let me show you how to use it”.
Hvordan reagerer folk typisk, når du spadserer rundt på en natklub?
– Shooting at Simons is pretty much a blur of weird and funny moments. People flashing me all sorts of body parts, and not necessary their own. So there are plenty of memories…
Du skyder dog meget mere. Hvad er du mest til?
– I am still exploring what I can do with the camera. Till this autumn I did not realize how impressive architecture can be, after my trip to Sankt Petersburg I ended up with a few GB of photos of churches and buildings and cityscapes, but working with people outside a nightclub is something that gets my attention the most lately.
Hvad ville være drømmeopgaven set gennem Gulevichs linse?
– I do not think that there is something called a dream task, or a dream job or I cannot think of one for myself yet. As long as you call it a job it sort of brings pressure. I am generally very happy when I manage to merge the picture in my head with the one on the screen of my camera.
Og hvor skal fotografierne føre dig hen?
– A year ago I would say that I would love to work in fashion field, shooting for magazines etc. But now I am craving travelling and shooting different cultures, so I am planning to take a month away in summer, probably in Rome, or some other city with rich history and language that I want to learn.
Hvad sker der i Hviderusland for tiden?
– Belarus is a pretty complicated country, politics-wise primarily…
Og hvad savner du mest fra hjemlandet?
– I miss my family the most, of course.
Hvad kunne Danmark bruge fra Hviderusland?
– Cheap cabs haha, Denmark is pretty ahead, by a few points. And more flats should have tubs installed…
Slutteligt – hvornår ved man, om et foto er godt?
– It is pretty pretty subjective when something is good, but to me a good photo is something that imprints in my memory not for the next 5 min, but for much longer.